Those who are on a gluten-free diet would raise their eyebrows at the idea of eating traditionally prepared pizza. We all know that regular pizza is one of the major causes of obesity, particularly among children. Thus, people look for healthier options to stay out of harm’s way.
But did you know that you can actually enjoy pizza with your family without worrying too much about the harmful effects of gluten and the risk of obesity?
Here at Metropolitan Gourmet, we love pizza as much as you do. As the premier manufacturer and supplier of gluten-free products in New Jersey, we want to share with you a recipe, or shall we say a great “idea”, that will satisfy your cravings for a crispy, mouth-watering pizza, which you can eat guilt-free!
The Secret Ingredient
We call it ‘secret’ because not everyone knows about this ingredient. While many of us prefer the slice from a pizza parlor, some others use the typical pizza dough from the grocery shelf. Well, our ‘secret’ ingredient is no longer secret, as we’ll reveal it now. It’s our fluffy, great tasting gluten-free pizza crust!
Allow us to share with you a quick and easy recipe for a guilt-free pizza weekend. We call it the Grilled Gluten-Free Pizza Crust with Veggies.
The recipe is simple. You just have to replace your traditional pizza dough with our gluten-free pizza crust. Prepare other ingredients and serve your vegan pizza with love.
- Metropolitan Gourmet Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
- Marinara sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Veggies (may include broccoli and asparagus)
- Roasted red peppers, chopped
- Olive oil and basil leaves (for garnish)
- A slice of lemon (optional)
- Grill the Metropolitan Gourmet Gluten-Free Pizza crust on medium heat. You may brush one side of the crust lightly with olive oil to keep it from sticking to the grill pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the pan with the grilled crust. Spread the cheese on the crust until you achieve your desired thickness.
- Top with blanched veggies, roasted red peppers, and ground black pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with olive oil. (You can use marinara sauce, just like what other moms do – your kids will love it!)
- Enjoy your pizza!