Charleston Cheese Dip
Recent Graduate and Celiac Hollie Smith found herself scrambling to find great alternatives for her graduation BBQ before she got creative and started adjusting a favorite recipe. “I always served this adjustment of Trisha Yearwood’s recipe to my friends – I call it my “secret cheese dip” and refuse to give up the recipe to anyone! But thanks to Metropolitan Gourmet I managed to adjust the recipe so I can eat it myself! Seriously, I have to triple the recipe for most of my friends! It’s JUST THAT AMAZING” The dip shames all the breaded apps on the table.
Recipe adapted from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2010.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Metropolitan Gourmet Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- TOSTITOS® Simply Organic SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions and cayenne pepper. Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish, such as a 9-inch pie pan. Top the mixture with Metropolitan Gourmet Gluten Free Breadcrumbs and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon. Serve immediately with chips. I use the SCOOPS for optimal dip eating.