Fried Bacon and Breaded Pork Tenderloin Medallions
Total Time: 30 minutes Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 cups Metropolitan Gourmet gluten-free bread crumbs
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crisp
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Trim excess fat from the tenderloin(s) and remove silver skin. Slice in 1-inch rounds. Using your hand or flat side of a meat tenderizer, gently flatten to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a food processor, combine the bread crumbs, bacon, sage, and thyme. Process until the crumbs and bacon are fine and well blended. Pour into a large shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Sprinkle the pork slices lightly with salt and pepper. Put the pork slices in the egg mixture, coating all slices well. Remove a slice from egg mixture, letting excess drip off, and dip into the gluten free bread and bacon crumbs, coating both sides thoroughly. Place on a sheet of foil or on a pan and repeat with the remaining pork. Let pork stand for 10 minutes.