Gluten Free Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 egg, beaten (or egg substitute if allergic to eggs)
- 3/4 cup Metropolitan Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
(Note: Sometimes shredded cheese contains flour or starch to keep it from sticking together, and this might contain wheat flour. Please check the label.)
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then crumb mixture; turn to coat.
- Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.