Gluten Free Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Complete the menu with mashed sweet potatoes and a mixed green salad. For more heat, leave the seeds in the jalapeño.
- 2-1/2 cups Metropolitan Gourmet Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 medium eggplants (about 3 lbs.), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 12 oz.)
- 2 lb. 13 ozPasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine bread crumbs with 1 cup Parmesan cheese in large shallow casserole. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture. Arrange eggplant slices in single layer on lightly oiled baking sheets. Spray eggplant, if desired, with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 25 minutes or until eggplant is golden.
- Evenly spread 1 cup Pasta Sauce in 4-quart (15 x 10 x 2-inch) baking dish. Layer 1/2 of the baked eggplant slices, then 1-1/2 cups Sauce, and 1/2 of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; repeat, reserving the mozzarella and using all of the remaining Sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil, then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.