Oven Fried Chicken Nuggets
Total Time: 60 minutes Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups Metropolitan Gourmet gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 chicken (about 3 1/2 pounds), rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 10 serving pieces (breasts cut crosswise in half)
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- Stir together bread crumbs, cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a pie plate.
- Stir together butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, then brush all over chicken. Add chicken, 2 pieces at a time, to crumb mixture and coat evenly on both sides, pressing chicken into crumbs to help them adhere, then transfer, skin side up, to a shallow baking pan.
- Bake chicken until well browned and cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes to crisp.