Sweet and Spicy Meatloaf
Total Time: 70 minutes Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 package (1.2 pounds) Shady Brook Farms® 93/7 Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and ginger; cook about 5 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and panko. Add turkey, onion mixture, ketchup, 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce and the soy sauce; mix gently but thoroughly (mixture will be very wet).
- Lightly coat an 8-1/2 x 4 x 3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Transfer mixture to loaf pan, mounding it in the middle. Brush with remaining Thai chili sauce.
- Bake in middle of oven about 1 hour or until thermometer inserted into meatloaf reads 170°F.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving; meatloaf may be served hot, room temperature or cold.